Minoa - Blue Snakes

Minoa


 For this blog I'm going to try something a little different to see what you think. This will be my very first blog post about a pair that isn't a character heel! I would love to know what you think and if you would like to see more styles other than the characters reviewed.


I couldn't help but blog about these tho, they are too beautiful not to photograph and all the photos on my phone were doing them little to no justice so I thought I would go the full hog! and write a blog. (Oooh I'm a poet)


These particular pair have been out in other countries for a while, so I knew they were on their way and I have been patiently waiting for them to hit the UK, which they did very late Friday last week. Minoa are available in two different colourways, the blue pair which I'm going to talk about today and a more subtle but stunning black pair. From the photos I have seen I think the black pair will be a hidden gem for anyone who manages to nab a pair.



They are quite simple in the overall shape of the shoe and the heel is a classic Irregular Choice round tip, but they have this strangely elegant snake concertinaed on top. Almost like he is emerging from the tip of the shoes ready to hiss and protect. 


I think one of the main reasons that I love these shoes so much is they just have a beautiful air of Harry Potter about them, this is something I'm completely making up in my head but thats how I see them; as a subtle nod to the wizarding world. Im not the biggest fan of snakes but for some reason I'm drawn to these.


The fabric on these is simply stunning, reasonably simple in design with alternating of two fabrics but they picked the fabric well. If you know me at all you know I love anything sparkly so the iridescent fabric is so perfect for me. This stunning fabric continues right round the front of the shoe and almost solely makes up the fabulous snake at the tip of the shoe. With a simple little red tongue and stitched on black nostrils. Now I did debate for a while if they were the nose or the eyes and in my opinion they are the nose.. what do you think?



In direct contrast to the shimmering of the snake the other fabric is subtle, smooth and superb. It is soft to the touch and is imprinted not only with the scales of the snake like the iridescent fabric but hidden in it is even more sparkle. Not as bright as the other fabric but it does catch the light and sets off the whole shoe perfectly. I would almost be happy for them to make a whole load of shoes in these fabrics with different colours.


My size sold out pretty quickly so I was very lucky to be able to get my order in before the masses and I went for my normal UK 6.5 (EU 40) and they are absolutely fine, I wouldn't really want to size up or down in them to be honest. The heel height is exactly 10cm, so they are around the same height as Mal E Bows if you are looking for a direct comparison.



The soles and box are the simple design that has come with the S/S 2016 range, while it has grown on me in the past few months im still not a fan and will be very excited to see what the Autum/Winter collection had to offer in regards to the soles. 


In summary, they are true to size beauties that are a gift for the summer sunshine. Regardless if you love snakes or not you can see the amazing appeal these have.


Thank you very much for reading, if you would like to kepe up to date please like our Facebook page: HERE







Popular Posts